From our workshop in the cascade foothills east of Renton, Wa, our F & A-Style Mandolins are crafted with:
- Highest Grade Alaskan Sitka, Englemann, Red Spruce, Redwood and Cedar soundboards
- Highly figured Maple Backs, Rims, & Necks
- All soundboards are acoustically tuned for a balanced tone and maximum resonance
- We use a unique Tension Compensated Fret Scale to achieve vastly superior intonation over a standard fret scale. This allows us to compensate for action height and increased fretted string tension (no unwanted sharp notes), especially when playing above the 7th fret on any string
- Each instrument is finished using a French Polish process to hand apply our own spirit varnish, which results in a beautiful and acoustically superior finish
All of our instruments are custom built to match your playing needs. We start with a standard F or A-style design and then make modifications to meet your specific needs. Our goal is to produce an instrument, for the working musician, that produces BOTH the sound the your looking for and the visual impact you need to be successful.